Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.12 takes 100% CPU in Linux Kubuntu Hardy

I am using Kubuntu Hardy, and installed Adobe Reader 8.12. I got this problem that whenever I open pdf from a website using firefox, after a while it will take 100% CPU.

I found that this is a known problem, check this blog.

The current solution is to run Adobe reader, go to “Preferences”. Click the tab “Internet”, and change from “Direct connection to Internet” to “Manual Proxy Configuration”.

I left the field empty, and now if I open Adobe, it no longer takes 100% of my CPU.

Advertisements

One Response

  1. Thanks for this information!
    I was bored to hear the noise of my PC’s fans everytime I used acrobat reader.
    Now it does not suck anymore.
    Léon.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: